Monday, April 15

How to Choose Peace When You’re Under Pressure : tiny buddha

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-choose-peace-when-youre-under-pressure/

How to Choose Peace When You’re Under Pressure:

Now, I accept that this is pressure, and it isn’t helping. Now, I know that my thinking patterns and actions can either bring more pressure or more peace. And now, I truly believe that I have the power to choose which way it goes even when nothing else is in my control.

Which leads me to the hardest part of choosing a more peaceful way through: the choice.

I’m the only one who can grant myself permission to change, and it’s me who chooses peace or pressure. 

I’m learning that taking the peaceful path means changing the whole process to one of compassion, not criticism.

No matter how much pressure you’re under or where it stems from, you can find a more peaceful way through it with your own compassion.

Here’s how:

- Learn your personal early warning signs and start to label that internal experience as pressure.

- When you’re under pressure, validate your feelings with statements like you’re under pressure right now and this feeling makes sense.

- Remind yourself of your true priorities, your strengths, and the choices you can make.

- Take one thing off the agenda. Extend a deadline. Tackle something small and savour crossing it off the list. Take a walk and fill yourself with awe. Whatever you do, remember that the bravest thing isn’t always the biggest or the boldest but the most authentic.

Practice these steps from a place of love and treat every time the pressure returns, because it will, as another moment to renew your commitment to finding the most peaceful way through.

Thank you Ms. Leslie Ralph, and tiny buddha.
Thank you God for this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment